Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thinking of You...

Crocheting with cotton never fails to give me a nostalgic reminder of my Grandma's kitchen. She and her sisters had stacks of crocheted potholders and embroidered tea towels edged with handmade lace. I spent so many happy hours in their kitchens, chatting, nibbling on cookies and eavesdropping on delicious gossip that it's no wonder I'm drawn to patterns that remind me of old fashioned kitchens. Crocheted flowers and lace just make me happy.
This Wednesday finds me in the midst of various scrap busting crochet projects. I'm not quite sure what they'll ultimately become, but the simple act of creating them has been enough to bring a smile and a happy heart.

Thinking of you Grandma!

Check out more Work In Progress Wednesday's at
Tami's Amis

8 comments:

  1. Sweet...pretty color combinations and such a nice memory. You could add them as decorations to the ends of scarves, put one on a hat for decoration. Use them as a tie back decoration in your house, depending on color. Putting them together for a ghan would be pretty but tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely - the items and the sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very sweet! I love things that remind me of loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combos. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, and such nice times to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love projects that bring you back to a past happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely. And I love that you have great memories of your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flowers that you made - they can decorate anything!

    ReplyDelete