Monday, February 21, 2011

Knitting by Sea

Ahhhhhh: Mykonos! Such a beautiful Greek Island. Truly picturesque. It's a bit chilly there in February. Windy too, but beautiful nonetheless.

In many ways, a visit to Mykonos is like going back in time. There's windmills:
and wandering sheep cross the roads:
The hotels are quaint:
The views are stunning:


There are still treasures to be found:
And the knitting - Well, the knitting my friends, is fine!
Turkish Bed Socks by Churchmouse Yarn and Teas, knit in Colinette Jitterbug, Colorway: Jewel

4 comments:

  1. Julie!!! I've been thinking about you - you have been on my mind alot!!! See - so much so - I had to say it twice!

    I hope you are loving your time abroad! So jealous!

    :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! How are you? I've been wondering about you as well. :-) I'm in turn enjoying myself and being terribly homesick. Silly me :-) How are you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless the wandering sheep across the road :) ... Love photos, I'm jealous too about your time abroad, I need to do some soon me thinks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sheep were so cute, but they hobble them by tying two of their feet together. (One front, one back). Not sure why they'd do that - maybe to keep them close to home? They seemed to be getting around pretty well though!

    ReplyDelete