Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heeeere Kitty, Kitty!


Had a rewarding little sewing session the other day where I could play with fabric and paint with stencils. I had this idea for a bag rattling around in the back of my head for awhile now and it finally escaped. I love how you can do whatever you like on the natural muslin outside of the bag to tie it into the inside print.

This is a great pattern - free online here. It makes a nice roomy bag with inner pockets. I only did them on one side, but it calls for them on both.

You could fit a nice sized project in these. I like to put larger projects in knot or drawstring bags to avoid altercations with yarn and zipper.


I think these bags would be super cute embroidered and/or beaded on the outside also.
What about attaching crocheted flowers? Really - the possibilities are endless. If you make any - please share. I'd love to see what you've come up with.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing bag! I LOVE the stenciled cat theme too :)

    ReplyDelete