Here's that Questionairre for my Secret Pal 16 Partner:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
I like wool, bamboo, silk, cashmere, cotton, linen, flax and blends thereof. My preference is for a smooth, plied yarn with twist. Singles and fluffy, hairy type yarns such as angora and mohair aren't my favorite.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two hand sewn dpn roll cases that swap partners have made me. They're both FULL. I keep socks dpns in one and larger sized ones in another. I keep my knit picks nickel interchangables in the plastic zip case they came in. I love pretty organizers and can always use more!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My Grandmother taught me to knit as a young girl. I promptly made one of a set of slippers for my best friend. I never completed the second. (My initiation into the world of second sock syndrome) Since I found Ravelry a couple years ago, I've self taught myself the more advanced techniques I know now from online sources and discovered I'd been twisting all my stitches.:-O I'd consider myself an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a wishlist on my Ravelry Profile
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I like natural type scents. Fruity, citrus, spices, coconut, lavendar and light florals
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I'm trying to avoid candy these days. I can never dodge cookies for long though - just love them! Also like granola type mixes, flavored nuts, dried fruits.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin. I do sew, draw and watercolor paint, keep an art journal, dye yarn. I'd love to try my hand at polymer clay sometime.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love music! Hmmmm, I'll have to revisit types I like...
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Greens, Blues, Reds,Greys, Oranges, Browns, Natural tones. I really love most colors. I can appreciate a very neutral color palette all the way to super bright variagated or stripes. (Love playing with self striping yarns) The only colors I'm not crazy about are very light pastels, neons or black in combination with other colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and have 3 grown children along with 6 Grandchildren. No pets, unfortunately. I love them, I'm just allergic to pet dander. (Small amounts don't bother me - like if you have a pet and send me items from your home. Just can't live in the same house with it)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do! All of the above, though I haven't had a poncho in about 30 years. :-) I live in a warm weather area, but I travel to colder areas and certainly appreciate warm accessories even in my area in the winter. (I'm a weather wimp)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and other small accessories. (mitts, wraps, hats, cowls)
13. What are you knitting right now?
A cabled hat and a pair of socks
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love to receive handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circulars for worsted weight knitting, dpn's for sock knitting. I like the larger dpns in bamboo, but sock sizes (U.S. 3 and smaller) in hardwood or other harder material since I bend the heck out of those skinny bamboo dpns. I'd love to get some of the Knit Picks Harmony wood interchangeable tips sometime.
16. Do you own a yarn winder or swift?
Yes to both of those
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
one year old :-/
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I observe Christmas - love all holidays, especially if I'm off of work!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I have a particular fondness for unique hand painted or carved small boxes and bowls, and for pretty fabric project bags and totes, pretty buttons
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any magazine subscriptions. I'm sort of coveting the Brave New Knits book, the new Cookie A book and I sure wish I had a good stitch pattern book!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm just enjoying making pretty things at this point. When I need a technique to make something I want to make, then I convince myself to try it
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter. My feet are shoe size U.S. 8.5. They're about 9 inches long, 9.5 inches around the ball of my foot.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?