Sunday, January 9, 2011

Festive Milan

Here's a little catch up effort on the traveling we did in November/ December. We were lucky to see so many beautiful and amazing things - I really think I should share.

In late November, we spent a few days in Milan, Italy. We stayed in the downtown business area and took the underground metro to Duomo square, which holds the beautiful and amazing old church that has been under construction for 600 years. When I climbed the stairs out of the underground, it was like ascending into Munchkin land! Truly amazing - like nothing I've ever seen before.

The Architecture!


The Statues!


The lights!



And last, but certainly not least, The Coffee! order cafe' americano in Milan unless you'd be content with espresso. The coffee is nice, especially when served with a pot of hot milk

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I went to cote d'ambrezzi? skiing many years ago. We flew into Milan, but didn't see it - we went from the airport straight to the ski area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoy the pictures, Vassiliki!

    Ria, we went on a walking tour one day and our guide was all dressed to go skiing right after - in Switzerland! I had no idea it was so close.....good skiing very near Milan, I've heard.

    ReplyDelete