Sunday, April 4, 2010

Discovering the Pyramids


In my neverending search for project bags, I happened to run across this cute little concept: The Pyramid Bag. I found an obscure little online diagram and set about trying to figure it out. I came up with my version, then someone shared this archived tutorial.

I had made mine much the same, except I set the zipper in differently. I found when the zipper went all the way across the edge, it didn't make for a nice finish at the top of the bag. Sewing the top together about 2 inches before the zipper made all the difference.

I also use a fusible heavyweight interfacing to make a sturdy bag. I much prefer that to the floppy look. These bags are about 8" x 8" and make the perfect sized sock project bag. A mini one would do well as a little notions pouch.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh you are good!!! These are adorable!

    One day, I've got to learn how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! :-) When you decide to dig out the machine and give it a try, try making this bag first. It's the easiest one, I think.

    ReplyDelete