Monday, March 1, 2010

Stash Happy


I pulled it all out - the sock yarn that is, and piled it on the floor for a photo session. Seeing what I had versus having it all tucked away out of sight enlightened me. I have enough sock yarn to make 30 pairs of socks.

Honestly, 30 pairs seems a bit daunting to me. Even if I knit a pair every month, it'd take me over two years to burn through this little stash I've already accumulated in this first year on Ravelry. I could disperse some in the swaps I participate in, but there's not even one skein I'd feel happy about parting with. Not one. I love my sock yarn.


I'd better get to knittin'.

6 comments:

  1. We aren't even going to discuss my stash.....

    but in all fairness - half my sock yarn goes for fingerless mitts! ( How's that for rationalization?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent rationalization, Ria! I love mitts too. So many great ones to make and they feel so good on. Mmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an impressive collection! Having yarn isn't all about the actual making of things ~ I believe that one's stash serves as inspiration too ~ don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think so! When I buy it, I'm always inspired as to what it might grow up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh there's so much good stuff in there! No wonder you're not wanting to part with any of it. I'm jealous of your Abril. Mmmmmmmmmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Susan! You have quite the sharp eye for Malabrigo if you could see the Abril in that small picture. :-) Impressive!

    ReplyDelete