Friday, January 8, 2010

Because I don't have enough colorful little cloth bags


I'm always on the lookout for more.

It seems like I could always use another for that new scarf I started, to protect the extra special yarn from dust, or to tuck all the odd leftover balls of sock yarn in. Besides, they just plain make me happy.

I've seen tutorials for those boxy bags online and have wanted to make some. I've admired them. (I got one for my Birthday this last year from a Ravelry friend!) But I haven't ventured to make one because they look hard to do, don't they?

They're not. Not at all. Easy as pie, and if you don't believe me, check out some of the tutorials yourself, both here and here. These both have excellent explanations of the process. I made a couple myself today.

Mine are lined with coordinating fabric:




I added handles to tote them around, and little pull tabs to make them easier to zip and unzip:

I really liked adding these to my collection. It's possible that I may knit just so I have an excuse to make and collect more colorful little cloth bags.

6 comments:

  1. Julie these are just beautiful! I wish I could sew, but me and my sewing machine do not get along well. It's been hiding from me in a cupboard for about 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you may have to coax it out of hiding for that tickertape quilt you're planning! Don't be afraid....the sewing machine is easily tamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bags! I think it's a bit addictive, isn't it? You can always make them and give them as gifts too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peg! And I agree...just great for gifts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous! Love your choice of fabric for the lining too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! For all of us who love fabric, finding coordinates to go together is definately the fun part.

    ReplyDelete